If you have downloaded and installed the developer preview of Windows 8 in your virtual machine, you may sometimes encounter issues with Windows 8 drivers. Since this new operating system from Microsoft is still in its initial stages of development,, it’s normally difficult to find all the required Windows 8 drivers. But with a virtual machine installation, you can use the drivers of Windows 7 in compatibility mode to make it work with the developer preview. This article contains instructions to do the same.
Instructions to install additional Windows 8 drivers
What you can find below are the instructions to install additional Windows 8 drivers for the developer preview. Before going ahead with this procedure, make sure that your VM is configured and that you have logged in as an administrator.
- Start off with this procedure to install additional Windows 8 drivers by opening “Computer” from the virtual operating system.
- Select the “D” drive.
- Continue with this procedure to install additional Windows 8 drivers by right clicking on the file named “VBoxWindowsAdditions-amd64.exe”.
- Click on “Properties” from the given menu.
- Now select the tab labeled “Compatibility” from the properties window.
- The next step in this procedure to install additional Windows 8 drivers is to mark the check box which says “Run this program in compatibility mode for:” select “Windows 7”.
- Also mark the check box labeled “Run this program as an administrator” and click on “Ok”.
- Finally end this procedure to install additional drivers by clicking “Install” for every unsigned driver prompts.
Once the process is complete, don’t forget to change your screen resolution to something greater than 1024*768 pixels for the Metro Apps to work properly.
Once you have all the above mentioned instructions, then you won’t face any Windows 8 drivers issues while using the Windows 8 developer preview.Google+