Microsoft says that their new operating system, Windows 8 is going to strike the technology space with a bang. It seems that with the whole new look and feel of Windows 8, users will be just as amazed as Microsoft expects them to be, or maybe even more. It’s quite evident from the records of downloads for Microsoft’s Windows 8 developer preview, on the very first day of its release that people are eagerly awaiting to have the new operating system installed on their PCs and to have a first touch on it.
Windows 8 problems
Windows 8 developer preview is just the pre-beta version of the original OS and is released for the developers to test. So, I guess it’s just natural for any developing OS to show mistakes and problems. People who have downloaded and installed the developer preview version do seem to be facing some serious Windows 8 issues. The most common of issues with any new operating system would be related to drivers. It’s the same in the case of Windows 8 too. Several Windows 8 problems are being faced by users with Windows 8 drivers, as there are still many drivers and supporting applications to be created for this operating system.
A recently reported problem is the issue with Scanner devices. Some issues with the scanner may lead to the scan function not working properly for your computer. Let’s see how we can resolve these issues.
Troubleshooting Windows 8 issue with scanners
The following steps can help you resolve Windows 8 issues with your scanner device.
- Right-click on the exe file for driver and select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Select “Run this program in compatibility mode for”.
- Choose Windows 8 from the drop down list to continue troubleshooting the Windows 8 problem with your scanner device.
- Select “Run this program as an administrator” option under the Privilege Level topic.
- Click Apply; then click OK.
- Then you’ll need to double-click on the exe file again. This should resolve the issue.
So, the next time you have any scanner driver issue on your newly installed Windows 8 computer, try these simple steps in order to resolve them. Though the error can frustrate you at the beginning, it’s really easy to resolve them once you follow these steps.Google+