You need to activate the Bluetooth feature in your operating system for transferring files between devices that supports Bluetooth technology.
As you are reading this article, I am assuming that you have already installed the Windows 8 operating system on your laptop or PC. Nowadays most laptop PCs comes with built-in Bluetooth hardware, which can be enabled or disabled according to your requirements. Even though the Bluetooth configuration in any laptop depends upon its individual hardware which is integrated in it, using Windows 8 you can still can send or receive files very easily and quickly, provided the hardware device of your laptop is enabled.
Once you have enabled the Bluetooth hardware device of your laptop, you can easily send or receive files through Bluetooth without any trouble whatsoever. In this article you can find instructions for doing the same.
Windows 8 installation instructions
What you can find below are the Windows 8 installation instructions, which will assist you in the process of activating Bluetooth.
- Start out with this procedure by logging on to your Windows 8 computer using an administrator account.
- Continue by moving your mouse pointer to the bottom left hand side of the screen.
- Select search option from the given menu.
- Select the option that says “Appsicon” located on the bar that has just appeared on the right side of the desktop.
- Now click the option labeled “Bluetooth File Transfer” from the list of available options.
- Click on “Send files or Receive files” located on the transfer files using Bluetooth box for sending or receiving files through Bluetooth.
- Choose the device to which you would like to transfer files to from the “Select where to send your files” dialog box. Hit the “Next” button.
- Hit the button labeled “Browse” which you can see in the “Select the files to send” box for the file that you want to transfer.
- Finally hit the “Next” button to initiate the process.
That is all with the instructions for activating Bluetooth in Windows 8 operating system. If you have further doubts, feel free to contact the technical support team, which is also available through online. Thanks for your valuable time, and have a wonderful day!