OKI or OKI Electric is an info-telecom and printer products manufacturing company based in Japan. The headquarters of the company is in Tokyo and it is operating in almost 120 countries all around the globe. The first telephone by OKI was manufactured in 1881 and now the company specializes in a variety of things like telecommunication equipment manufacturing, Mechatronics products and informational products.
OKI has high quality printers, innovative printing solutions and MFPs meeting the requirements of every office configuration. They offer monochrome printers, color printers, impact printers (SIDM), MFPs (all-in-ones) and label/POS printers. Highest levels of office printing efficiency and productivity are obtained with OKI products while delivering low total printer cost of ownership (TCO). Apart from these OKI printers and other products are also Energy Start ® Certified. These have Deep Sleep Mode and duplex printing features for greater energy efficiency.
Installation of driver for Windows 8
Proper drivers for OKI printers are indispensable for the smooth functioning of the product in Windows 8. 3 different sources are available to download Windows 8 drivers for OKI printer installation:
- Drivers provided by OKI can either be downloaded from their website or purchased on a CD/DVD.
- Windows 8 operating system provides OKI Class drivers
- Windows Update provides OKI Drivers for Widows 8 OS.
The tech support team recommends that it is best to use the drivers that are available from OKI that are provided as:
- The CD/DVD which is shipped with the product, or
- The drivers for Windows 8 available to download from their website.
Prior to connecting the device, the OKI drivers can be downloaded and installed on your Windows 8 machine. Since additional printer drivers cannot be added Regarding Windows RT, it is recommended that OKI Class driver can be used. The driver is recommended to be installed using the Add Printer Wizard Method in some cases instead of using OKI’s installer. For instance, MC561 MFP users
- Download the driver from the OKI website and note the location of the file downloaded.
- Run the downloaded file, but only up to the point when displayed “Local or Network printer” dialog box.
- Click “Cancel” and then to install the driver, use the Add Printer Wizard method.
That’s all there is to it, thank you and have a great day!Google+