This article focuses on the AMD catalyst drivers for Windows 8. In particular to the features, information on supported operating systems and the compatible AMD products. This driver is necessary to support the various devices from AMD to be used in your computer, be it the motherboard or the graphics card that you use. Let’s get straight into the details of this driver without much further ado.
The AMD catalyst driver for Windows 8, more specifically for the consumer preview version of Windows 8, consists of the following components:
- Display driver version 8.93.7 for AMD
- Vision Control Center Version 8.93.7 for AMD
These are the components of the catalyst driver that makes them suitable for a wide range of products from AMD.
Compatibility of Catalyst driver from AMD for different products
The Catalyst Driver from AMD when installed on your computer makes it possible to use the following products from AMD:
- AMD Radeon HD 7000M series
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000M Series
- AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
- AMD A Series APU
- AMD Radeon HD 6000M Series
- AMD C Series APU
- AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series
- AMD E Series APU
- AMD FirePro Series
- AMD FirePro 3D Series
It has also been informed that revamped versions of AMD Catalyst have been set as the preferred Windows 8 drivers for AMD, which will be released in the coming weeks. The future driver would also add support for AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series and AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series with the existing list.
Operating Systems Employable
These drivers can incorporate and give support for versions of Windows 8 that is,
- The 32-bit version of Windows 8
- The 64 –bit version Of Windows 8
Features of AMD catalyst driver for Windows 8
The features of these drivers are:
- AMD Eye Infinity
- Open CL
- AMD Overdrive
- AMD Dual Graphics / AMD CrossFireX Technology
- Open GL
- AMD Catalyst Control Center / Vision Engine Control Center
- Full WDDM 1.2: the highlights of these are that they can support native 3D support, the video playback is now integrated with DirectX 11 this helps on enabling high quality video and 3D content to be played simultaneously.
These features of the catalyst drivers can help in running AMD products hassle free.