Windows 8 is the latest version of Windows operating systems, which is very suitable for use in personal computers, business desktops and mobile devices like tablets and smart phones. Development of Windows 8 has been initiated by the search for an efficient platform-independent high-compatible operating system having an enhanced user interface, and it was introduced to the market in October 2012. This operating system brings significant changes in the system platform, especially improving the performance on devices like mobile phones and tablets, intended to compete with mobile operating systems like Android and Apple’s iOS, which have already secured their place in the mobile market.
The new touch interface and the kernel based on the Metro design language are quite remarkable. The enhanced Windows 8 drivers are also praiseworthy in providing a very good user experience. However, the driver signing in Windows 8 can be a trouble occasionally; fortunately, we can disable it very easily. I am including a few guidelines on Windows 8 drivers to disable their signing in.
- First, you have to open an Elevated cmd window. This can be done either by opening the Power User Tasks Menu or by clicking on the Command Prompt.
- Then you should type bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS and bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON commands in the cmd window.
- Now you can restart Windows and the driver signing will be off.
- From the Windows 8 Charms bar, you have to click on the Settings option. In order to bring up the Charms bar you need to move your mouse to the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Then you should click on Change PC settings.
- Then you have to select the General option that lies on the left side.
- Towards right, you need to scroll down and click on the Restart Now button which is under the Advanced Startup.
- You need to wait for a little time and when the menu comes up, click on Troubleshoot.
- Then you should click on the Advanced Options icon. Select Windows Startup Settings and click Restart.
- When your computer restarts, you should select Disable Driver Signature Enforcement from the menu.
- After Windows boots, you have to install unsigned drivers that you want to use and restart again. Now everything will work fine.
Windows 8 is a very efficient and powerful operating system, which is capable of giving a productive and user friendly environment.